Monday, January 4, 2010

Nov. 30, 2009

Buenos dias!

I’m pretty sure that I got my package. I haven't been able to talk to the zone leaders today yet but I'm pretty sure that it is here! I have been waiting a very long time for it and I hope there is still stuff in it haha. I can do without a watch. Probably best not to wear one anyway. I still have my other one but I have to keep it in my pocket cause I could get robbed for having stuff like that. All the members want my ties and my watch haha. They all want to trade for the tie thatTtrevor gave me. The Hawaiian one.

Sounds like Thanksgiving was pretty fun. Too bad you didn't get to go spend it with the whole family. I had chicken and rice haha. I'm really getting sick of it, which is bad because I still have twenty months of eating it. Oh yea yesterday was the end of my fourth month on the mission and two months in the field! It's going by super fast! Hey dad if you have to have surgery I bet you can't beat my record of 7 screws and two plates! Actually I really hope that you don't have to have surgery at all. I've been praying for you. But hey look at the bright side you got out of hanging lights again! Z man! Good job on the school work! Keep it up! Life is much easier if you just do it! I hope that fruity gets better and they figure out what is wrong with her. What's wrong with you guys? Because I'm not home to get hurt and break stuff doesn't mean you all need to start doing it haha. But really be careful!

Ok so this next week is going to be pretty darn awesome! I'm really excited! We had four people accept invitations for baptism and we´ll be doing at least three of them this Saturday!!! Maria del Pilar her daughter Thula and Hermana Eva Cordova! Pray for them they need it! Possibly we could be having the baptism of Cesar, his sister Romely and their cousin Jennifer as well but it's more likely to happen on the 12th for them! So this week pretty much we just focused on them and helping them with their doubts and excitement! I'm really excited for all of these investigators!

I had the thought again this week in a lesson about mothers. There is this old lady that we have taught just a little. The kids that live with her are members but only one is active. But she has one son that is a heavy drinker. She started to cry and asked us to pray for her son. Her other son hasn't been to church in two weeks as well and she is worried that he will turn out the same. The thought ocured to me for the second time on my mission that we will pay for the prayers of sadness that our mothers offer up because of the choices that we make. I think that the penalty will be harsh. Dad gave me some very good advice when I left. He said don't ever do anything that would embarrass your mother. This, I think, is some of the best advice that I could ever receive. I think that if we all went by this advice the world would be a much much better place. If always we thought What would my mom think? The world would be relieved of many of its sins. I just had that thought and thought that I would share it with you. Mom I hope that I have never done anything to make you sad or worried for me.

Family! Do you know how wonderful you are? Thank you for sending me letters and packages and emails. There are many missionaries that have served almost their entire mission without a letter, an email, or anything that would slightly resemble a package. Not even from their friends or families. Please know how thankful I am to all of you for your constant support. It's such a help to me always. I can't imagine not knowing about the plan of salvation. The great plan that our God has put forth for us. The great plan of mercy. I hope that we can all work together and achieve the highest ring of the celestial kingdom and live together for eternity in the Presence of God the Father, The Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, in the presence of celestial Glory. How great a blessing! I love you all so much. Share this wonderful plan of happiness with those around you. It is far too precious to keep to ourselves and if we do keep it to ourselves then I think that we don't fully understand it. I love you all so much and wish you all a wonderful week! Oh and To my dearest Angel of a mother! Happy Birthday! If I could, I would give you a great Big kiss and a hug. Just know that I love you mom.

Love
Elder B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Map of Peru

Lima Peru South Mission

Lima Peru South Mission