Sunday, August 2, 2009

Letter #1

Dear Family,

I just finished my first day at the MTC. It already feels like it has been a week here! Everyone has said though, that the first three days are kind of crazy. I'm doing great and am just working on getting acclimated to everything. My room has me and three other elders in it. All of us are serving in the Lima south mission except my companion. He is going to be in the Lima east mission. His name is Elder Taylor and he is kind of goofy, and has some social awkwardness. So far we have gotten along pretty well. He seems like he wants to work hard which is all that really matters. the other companionship in my room is pretty cool. Elder Smith is from Washington and he is probably the most like me. His companion is Elder Tombs from Texas.

It is so hard to learn everything here. It is all coming at us so fast but I'm feeling pretty good so far. I'm trying to do the best that I can. Like someone said in one of my classes today, "feed the faith and starve the doubt." I'm trying to focus on the work and not myself.

Please know that I have a testimony of my Savior. I know that I have been called directly by God. I'm going to do my best. I love you all, Elder Bearnson

1 comment:

Map of Peru

Lima Peru South Mission

Lima Peru South Mission