Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Letter #6

Aug, 26, 2009
Hola Familia!!

This place is the absolute best I love everything so much! Today we went to the Temple and rode the bus there. It was pretty crazy, they dont really have a concept of lanes all the time, and the buses just stop in the middle of the road to pick people up and do the same to drop them off. My companions name is Elder Pilicita pronounced pilly cita. He is the best! I love him to death. I couldn't have asked for a better companion. He is from Ecuador I think that his home town is Quito. He is awesome! He helps me with my Spanish and I try to help him when we teach haha. Wow is teaching hard. My companion is pretty good at slowing down so that I can understand some of what he says but for the most part I'm in the dark. Some times I can teach something but for the most part I testify. I love it. I think that on this Saturday we get to go out and visit inactive members of the church. Im super excited for that. My spanish is coming along pretty well. This week has helped me so much Im learning so much everyday. This MTC is so beautiful I will get a picture and send it to you when I can. I learned some more stuff about my mission. I think that most of it is in farm land and areas like that. Sounds really great! I can't believe that I have been here for a week already. I can't even tell you how great this place is. i think that the president said we only have 66 missionaries total. And more than half of those are not even serving in Peru. All of the Latinos are leaving the country. My companion is serving in the Bolivia le Paz Mission. He is really excited. Its going by so fast. I have had rice for 14 out of the 21 meals while I have been here with some kind of meat stuff and maybe something else. And always juevos for breakfast but sometimes we get pancakes ha. I have not had any problems being sick or anything so thats good. My mission president is President Groberg, you know like the other side of heaven guy, except its his brother. He is great! Awesome President. So going to the temple in Spanish... really hard. We got to have some headphones to translate but some things no. Really hard haha. I loved it though really great experience. OK so the reason that my email is titled sheered sheep... I just had my second haircut in eight days. I had one right before I came and it looked pretty good. I just had another one done... Um yea pretty much no scissor action. All clippers for the most part and now I pretty much have zero hair! at least my hairgel will last longer now haha.I love this Gospel and am learning more and more about it everyday in some small way. I can't believe I only have 5 more weeks in the MTC. Almost half done. I'm really excited to be able to teach people about Christ and how much He loves all of us!I hope that somehow everyone can figure out a way to send me a letter. Only a few people have received one. Good luck to everyone! I love you all!! Dad Thanks for writing me! It was awesome to hear from the kids too! I love hearing how everything is going! Hope everything is ok. I can't send any letters home because no one told me that I would need stamps. We were all under the impression that we wouldn't need stamps for the pouch... but i guess they changed it right before we got here. I hope that you can send some in a letter or something. How is stevie doing? I hope that grandpa is doing well, sounds like he is in good spirits. I love you all so much!! Thanks for writing! I can't tell you how good it feels to read a letter from the people you love when you haven't seen them in what seems like forever. Know that I'm doing great and That Im working hard! Love you so Much!! I love you Mom Dad Lauren and the Z Meister! Love Elder Bearnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Map of Peru

Lima Peru South Mission

Lima Peru South Mission