Friday, August 7, 2009

Letter #3

Hi Family!
I got your letter about grandpa and all I could do was cry. The only thing that I could think to do at that point was pray. I think that it was probably the most incoherant prayer that I have ever said I couldn't even think straight. But While I was praying the one thought that came into my mind was "Brady get to work everything will be alright" At that point I just got up and went to teach a companionship the first discussion. I have never felt the spirit so strong since coming here. The lesson went great and I know that the spirit helped me get through it. I got to go to the temple today too and I felt the same way. I know that everything will turn out ok. The spirit has comforted me and I know it.

My companion Elder Taylor and I have started to get along alot better. We had a rough start because he is sooooo much different than me. we are pretty much exact opposites. It has taken us a while to get used to it but we are doing alot better. We are figuring out how to feed off of each other and learn to teach together. Lets just put it this way, If I can get along with him Im pretty sure that I'll be able to get along with every companion from now on. Im learning alot of patience from him. Im praying for it every day and I can feel how much the Lord has helped me to get through it.

I have made some awesome friends while up here! One of the kids in my district is from Ogden and he played football at Weber State last year. He is one of the nicest most humble people I have ever met. Frank should look into signing him up to play. He plays outside linebacker and has been looking at going up to USU when he gets back. His name is Elder Dustin Martin. Awesome cool guy.

Ok so we got our travel arrangments this week. we will leave the MTC at about five in the morning to head to the airport. out flight leaves at 830. I think that I get to call you while im at the airport for a little while. so be home! We fly from here to atlanta then onto Peru! We will be getting into Peru at about 1030 at night... Its going to be a long day!

Im learning so much here! I cant even tell you how much information is thrown at us every day. Im getting pretty good at espanol. I can pray testify and hold a pretty good conversation. Its so awesome! I know that the Lord is helping me to learn it. Iknow that he has prepared people in Peru just for me .Im so excited to get there and start teaching.
Im so thankful for everything that I have been given and the spirit that the Lord has given me. I know that without Him i would not have been able to learn half of the things that I have.

I know that this Gospel is the True gospel that Christ himself brought to the earth. I know that he is my Savior and that without Him I would be nothing. I love You family.

Thanks for all the Letters from everyone! Thanks for the Cookies Aunt Kim and Mother Henrie! Some of my friends though have neglected me and have not sent me even a Hello!! You better send me letters!

Love Elder Bearnson

PS I think that I have everything that I need. Im Having such a good time learning and im doing great! Im not just saying that to make you feel good either. Tell steve I got his letter and he has one coming. and Im sending you one that I need you to send to Grandpa because I dont have his address. Thanks love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Map of Peru

Lima Peru South Mission

Lima Peru South Mission