Monday, September 27, 2010

September 27, 2010

Hey family!

What an awesome week I had! So i hope that you remember Lucy, the mom of Tania and Agustin. They were my first two baptisms here in Miguel Grau about 4 months ago. Well I think that I told you, but she decided that it was time to get baptized last week and we had her awesome baptism on Sunday morning. She was really excited and felt awesome. She shared her wonderfully heartfelt testimony with all of us after wards and how she finally figured out that it was something that she had to do. She knew for a really long time that she had to do it but finally decided that she was going to do it. The Bishop baptized her and it was awesome!

Saturday night we had the baptisms of Jeremy Josue Hinostroza. He is a way cool little 9 year old that is so dang smart. He would read the things that we taught him and retain all of it! On a very rare basis did he tell us that he didn't remember something. He is a brilliant little dude. His parents are both members but have been inactive for a very long time. Well they both came to his baptismal interview and then to his baptism. What surprised me the most was that they both came to his confirmation and stayed for the entire 3 hour block! I hope that they keep coming and that their son's baptism has been something that will help them realize that they need the church. That they need to be active as a family. Jeremy comes with his uncle who's a member when he doesn't come with his parents. It has been a really good experience and I hope that his family make a change because of the actions of their son.

The other baptism that we had was of Norma Quispe. She is awesome too. Super dooper prepared and ready to get baptized. Elder Leon finished the interview with her on Friday night and said ¨GOLD¨She came pre-taught pretty much. We taught her and she just gave us experience after experience confirming the things that we taught with her own personal experience. We are going to start teaching her family as well and they sound really awesome.

Something that Elder Jensen, I think that he is in the presidency of the 70´s or something I can't remember, but he came a few months back and shared a few things that really impacted me and that I had never really thought about before. He said that when we were in the pre-existence we were all taught the plan of the Savior and what we would all have to do. We all know that when we learn about the great plan of happiness since primary. But then he said something that made me think. Here on this earth we are only reminded of the things that we have learned. When we teach people we teach them and it's up to them to open their heart. When we teach, if they listen and we teach well, their own spirit will feel like an awakening inside of them. They will just know that it's true because they already knew it. They will just remember! I thought that was a pretty deep thought and I liked it a lot.

I was in a Van the other day that's called a combi, that's how we travel. But like all of the others it had stickers that said stuff like "Christ is my pilot" all sorts of things that like. I call this bumper sticker belief. Here Christ is more thought of as something that can save them and not as someone. People adore him more like he is something not someone. I hope that you can understand my explanation. But I was thinking, if they only knew that really he is someONE not a thing, that really truly he loves them and cares for them and wants them and all of us to be with him forever. That if they really understood that, even in the slightest degree, how different would be their lives. How different would be our existence. Just a thought that Christ is SomeONE not someTHING and that He lives and loves us.

So sounds like sis had an awesome week. Sorry, I don't think that I'm going to have time to write to you this week sis. Sounds like you all had a good time in Idaho. Sounds like the homecoming part was awesome he he and the game too! Good for you guys! Keep having an awesome time.

Ill be praying for Sam. I know everything will be alright. I tried to send some pics but my camera and the computers don't always agree. I'll get some sent to you next week. Send me some pics of the game and fruity tooty and Homecoming. I took some pretty sweet pics this last week of my area. I'm excited to send them but we will have to wait. Congrats to B-meister sounds like he had quite the experience. I love you all have an awesome week!

Love Elder B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Map of Peru

Lima Peru South Mission

Lima Peru South Mission