Tuesday, September 7, 2010

September 6, 2010

Hey fam!
Wow a lot has happened in the last few weeks. I remember taking the sacrament to Brother Nelson all the time. Send his family all of my best wishes. Also give the Phillips family a hug for me too. I hope that he is doing alright. Wow and I think his name is Dan McConkie, not sure, I didn't know him that well. But wow that's super scary. That's good that his companion did some quick thinking and didn't leave him. I hope that he is doing alright now and won't have to come home or anything. I'm sure that he is an awesome missionary.
Thanks mom for mailing my card... I have been using the mission money to pay for my doctors visits. Needless to say, I'm broke... But when it gets here it should be good! Thanks
So this week was pretty awesome! Elder Huaman and I are like best buddies. We worked super hard this week and didn't have very many lessons, but we had success in other areas. On Sunday morning we set Carmen Rosa and her daughter with a date for the 2nd of October! If you don't remember who they are, they´re Elder Jays birth-mom and sister! Carmen's brother also has a date for the same day! Awesome! Then later on in the day we met with a girl that has come to church with her very active cousin two weeks in a row now. Her name is Norma. Wow is she awesome! We went and started talking to her and she started sharing with us all sorts of feelings and thoughts that she had had over the past few weeks. She has had some deep feelings and thoughts of reflection and has really felt the spirit in her life. She has a testimony of the Savior and what He has done for her. She asked us the question. "If I was baptized in the Catholic church do I need to be baptized again in this church" So to answer her question we taught her the restoration and how the authority of God had been taken from the earth. When I taught the restoration and about Joseph Smith receiving the priesthood I asked her, " when you feel that your prayers have been answered from God, will you be baptized in the Church of Jesus Christ through someone that holds the authority of God?" After a short pause she shook her head "yes". I then asked, "Will you prepare yourself to be baptized the 25th of September? She said yes. I felt the Spirit incredibly strongly and powerfully. She is such a prepared person. I haven't felt the spirit like that in a while. It was one of the most powerful experiences that I have had on my mission.
I know that the Lord prepares people to be members of His church. If we are worthy, and working in His manner He will bless us enough to be part of their progress in this life. I love this work and want to keep working super hard to be able to be part of more people's progression. I love you fam! Keep being awesome!
Love Elder B
Oh and PS! I love my Aggies even if they don't win! It sounds like they played one good ball game! I saw something funny the other day! It was a big Utah State Aggies window sticker on a Combi. A combi is kinda like a mini bus. I just thought that it was awesome to see it here in Peru haha
Root against BYU for me this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Map of Peru

Lima Peru South Mission

Lima Peru South Mission