Saturday, August 20, 2011

August 20, 2011


Hi family
Wow have I had one great week! Well in this week we were in Chincha
and Cañete! It was great! While I was in Chincha we were walking
around a corner just trying to find some people to teach, because all
of the appointments had fallen through, and we came upon a family
moving a mountain of bricks to build their house. I offered to help
them and we got to work. In about 45 minutes we had contacted the
family and moved about a thousand bricks from the outside to the
inside. It was a really good experience. The family is great. Their
house fell down when there was an earthquake in 2007 and they are just
barely starting to rebuild. I hope that they accept the gospel.

Then the highlight of the week!!! I went to Mala la Buena again! For the
last time I was able to visit. I had a great experience! We taught
lots of new people and to end the day I was able to visit Arevalo
Villalobos! Wow! I saw him and it was just like seeing an old friend
again. I was so happy to see him. I saw him and his two daughters that
have also been baptized. I love that family. The best thing ever is
that they will be going to the temple on the 10th of September. I'm
going to miss it by a little but it doesn't matter to me. All that
matters is that they go and they´re going worthily. That family makes
my entire mission worth it. Not to mention all the other blessings
that I have received. I love this work and I'm going to miss it. But I
have a list of a lot of people to visit when I get home as well. I have
learned something... being a missionary isn't just for two years, its
for life. It doesn't start when your 19 or 20 its a whole life thing.
I want to keep this in practice for my whole life. I have to live the
example so that they recognize the importance of the gospel.
Well family, I don't have much time left to write but I love you a ton! I
think that I will be writing again on Saturday. On Wednesday we have
Elder Anderson visiting. I get to sing in the choir! Its going to be
fun. I love the mission. There are so many life changing experiences
that happen. On Friday night I will have my last interview with
President Manning. I'm sad about it, but I know that there is something else
for me to do. Thanks family for everything. I love you!
Love Elder Bearnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Map of Peru

Lima Peru South Mission

Lima Peru South Mission