Friday, February 25, 2011

February 21, 2011


Hello world!

We had another awesome week here in Floresta! We had the baptism of
Silvia Burgos. She is the youngest daughter of hermana Perla, the lady
who's in the picture with her. The other little kids are all nephews
of Silvia. We have been preparing Silvia for a while, almost since I
got here, and she had been listening to the missionaries a little bit
beforehand. Her baptismal service was pretty good. She had to get
dunked three times. First for her name, second the elbow, and on the
third she got in! It was the first time that Elder Campos had to
baptize someone more than twice! We felt kinda bad for Silvia but she
was a pretty good sport haha.

We are working with a couple named Doni and Carla. Doni is the son of a
member and his future wife Carla. They are really cool and want to
learn. They are having lots of problems in their relationship but are
trying really hard to apply the things that we are teaching them. They
needed a testimony of the Prophet Thomas Monson, so we read an article
about anger from him in the ensign( the one with the King Benjamin on
the cover, I don't remember the month) As we were reading it Doni's face
changed. He became very serious and was listening very intently. We
finished reading and he said that his words gave him goosebumps. we
were reading it taking turns reading a column, but when it got to
Carla she asked if she could keep reading it. She almost read the whole talk.
They both, after reading it said we know that he is a Prophet of God.

I have a much stronger testimony of the power of the words of the
prophet. His words have helped three of our investigators have a
testimony.

We now have nine people with a baptismal date for March and April.
Braulio, Claudia, Nancy Max, Yamaira, Luis, Alejandro, Cristina, and
Jose Maria (Jose Maria is one name. They do it for Mary and Joseph.
If you're a guy it's Joseph Mary and if your a girl the other way around.
culture fact of the day) Please pray for all of them. They are awesome
people. All of them have their specific problems and challenges but
the lord is helping them. Pray for Braulio he needs your help to be
able to make it to his date. He comes to church, pays his tithing but
doesn't feel sure about getting baptized. Pray for him to have the
courage to just do it. He knows it's true.

I love you family thanks for all of your prayers! I love you so much
and pray for you all. Be safe and keep working hard!

Love Elder B

Mom,

I have received my trunkie letter. It's a letter that says when I'm
going home and asks me for specific info. I'm coming home the 3rd of
August. I'm not sure if I'm going to extend or not but I'm leaning
towards the no. I need to know these things

The number for Pres Muirhead, the airport where I'm gonna land.

Thanks mom if you could get that stuff for me for next week that would
be great thanks.

Have you talked to Jess? And I think that I'm going to want to go
to BYU but in 2012. I need to go home and work my tailfeathers off...
I have found some way cool buddies here in the mish we wanna be
roommates. Well mom I sure do love you. Hows dad? I sure do
miss you guys a lot but I'm working hard and doing my
best. Thanks mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Map of Peru

Lima Peru South Mission

Lima Peru South Mission