Monday, January 17, 2011

January 17, 2011

Hey fam!

Hey fam, I had the best week of my mission up until now. We had 19
lessons with a member and it was an awesome week of hard work. I think
that I have mentioned Lourdes in my previous emails. She has a date
for the 30th of this month along with her two younger siblings. We
went to her house and taught her the restoration again. We got to the
end and invited her to pray about it again to recieve her answer. She
said that she had been praying but wasn't quite sure how she was going
to recieve her answer. She had gone previously to the temple with her
sister and she had really felt the spirit there, without knowing what
she was feeling. I asked her how that experience was and after she had
described the feelings she had, I told her that's exactly what the
spirit feels like. The spirit put those feelings in your heart and
made you feel that way. He was telling you that you're in the right
place. He changed your heart without you even knowing it. He told you
that these things are true. I said, "Lourdes, maybe you recieved your
answer before you even prayed." I felt like everything thing that I
said wasn't coming from me. I had the words and I spoke almost perfect
Spanish, but thinking back on it I couldn't even remember much about
what I had said. The other two Elders that were with me Elders Cervera
and Robles gave powerful testimonies. I could see in Lourdes´s face
that she was feeling something. I knew she could feel the spirit
because I could feel it and powerfully. When we had finished. She
started to cry and said "5 minutes" and left. She left and we waited for
a moment. She came back still teary eyed and choked out the words.
"I dont need to pray about being baptized anymore. I know it's true. I
have a feeeling in my chest that I can't describe. I'm going to be
baptized the 30th for sure."
How incredible it is to see the spirit work in someone. We could see
on her face the work that he was doing inside of her. To be present
when someone recieves such a powerful change of heart is something
that I will never forget. I love this work and I love feeling the
spirit. How sweet must heaven be, if just feeling the presence of the
spirit feels so wonderful how wonderful it must be to be in the
presence of our God eternally. I'm so thankful to be here.

I had many experiences this week. We were crossing the street one time
and I saw a man and his son watching us. They were standing in the
door of their carpenter shop. I felt that I needed to talk to them.
We went and talked to them and they invited us into their shop and we
taught them there in their shop. We kneeled down on the sawdust
covered floor and brother Victor offered a prayer. It was inspiring.
We have an appointment with him and his family tomorrow. I know that
the lord is preparing people to hear our message. We just need to open
our mouths and talk to them. I love you family. I'm not quite sure why
you didn't write me but I hope that everything is alright. I love you a
ton. Thanks for your prayers. I hope that everyone is reading the Book
of Mormon. That book really has power to change the world one heart at
a time.

Love Elder B

(We did write! Even email is slow to Peru!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Map of Peru

Lima Peru South Mission

Lima Peru South Mission