Monday, August 23, 2010

August 23, 2010

Hey famila!

So I had quite the week. It was a normal week, just working hard and looking for new people. We got to Thursday and everything changed. I woke up feeling fine, then we went and played some soccer in the morning. That's when I didn't feel so great. I kept feeling worse and worse until... I threw up in the street! Not just any part of the street, but an intersection on a busy road! awesome! Well I just kept going and tried to keep working on our service project. I was pretty much throwing up most of the way there and kept doing it when we got there. I finally gave up and went back to the room. I was sick for the better part of the day when I finally asked for a blessing. I had a fever that got up to 101 and just wasn't in good shape to do much work. But when my companion and Elder Brinton gave me the blessing I could actually feel myself getting better. I actually don't remember anything that Elder Brinton said, but during the blessing the thought came into my mind that I was going to get sick just one more time and I would be fine. He finished the blessing and not thirty seconds later I got sick again. But after that I was better. I know that the priesthood is real, that God has put his power here on the earth to use it, and to bless us infinitely. I'm so thankful for the worthy elders that are around me that can worthily use that power to help. What a blessing it was for me.

Ok another tidbit of awesomeness. We met a couple that live way high up on the side of a mountain. They are literally some of the coolest people that I have met on my mission. The first thing that he asked me was "what do I need to do to be saved?" Well let me tell you a missionary has the answer to that question and is excited to give it, haha!! They both want to get baptized and they both came to church yesterday and stayed the whole time! What an awesome experience! People don't just fall out of the sky like that everyday. They were a referral from another member. I know that the lord has prepared them for us to come teach them. Here's the catch, they aren't married but they are willing. We will just have to help them out! We are working hard and doing everything we can to be good missionaries.

Changes are coming up one week from today so we´ll see what happens.

Mom, I sure love you and it would be so very nice if you could get me a card... I can't get the call to go through and if it did go through I'm not sure that I could pay for it. Thank you so very very much for sending me beef jerky! wow!

Ok fam I love you all super dooper much! Keep running hard Zach! Whoo! Makes me happy that you're doing track! Now just keep the grades up too haha!

Love, Elder Bearnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Map of Peru

Lima Peru South Mission

Lima Peru South Mission