Monday, August 2, 2010

August 2, 2010

Hey Fam!
I had an awesome week! This entire week was training... Tuesday to Friday we were in training from 9 in the morning to 3:30 in the afternoon. That didn't leave too much room for a lot of work but we managed to squeeze some in! We had the baptism of Hermana Rosiana Saturday. She is the coolest. She is the girl with cancer that we have been teaching. Just a way nice person in general. Her whole less active family came including some of her non member family. It was really great and hopefully will lead to more opportunities. She has such a great spirit about her, she's just happy all the time, in spite of her illness. I'm blessed to know her.
Ok I'll tell you a little bit more about elder Jay and his mom. Elder Jay was adopted from here when he was a baby and was called here to serve his mission. He looked up his mom and her address just happened to be in our area. We found her and had an awesome reunion with him his half sister and some of his Aunts and his Grandma. What an awesome experience it has been. We are now teaching them about the gospel and they are just super excited. Elder Jay told them before he left that the only way that he could think to repay her was to share the gospel with her and his sister. They came to the baptism that we had Saturday and they both loved it. His little sister Jazmin is going on the young women's camping trip this week and they are fitting right in. I know that Heavenly Father put all the pieces of the puzzle together so that this family could learn about the gospel. Of all the missions in the world he went to this one and found his mom. How incredible. I'm truly blessed to have been a part of this.
So my comp and I are just working hard with the zone and doing our best with the 24 missionaries that we have. We have a bunch of people that will be getting baptized this month and we are just working hard with all the time that we have which isn't much sometimes! How is everyone doing there? That's so awesome for Mathew and Karen! What a blessing! I'll have to meet the bruiser when I get home! I can't believe how big everyone is getting! All the pics that Lauren sent me are awesome! Are you guys thinking about coming down here to pick me up. because you can, but we have to start planning it right now. I would love for you all to get to know Mala! I sure love all of you! Just keep being awesome and keep your heads up. If we stand tall in the low places of the world we´ll make it through just fine.
Love elder Bearnson
Mom I'm not sure that I need anything just maybe some beef jerky... I could live on that stuff! And if you can find a way to send me a pan of lasagna that would be awesome! Just kidding. I miss food without rice... I'm doing good, though I'm about to wear through one pair of shoes but I still have the others so I should be good till the end of the mish. Don't worry about all the money that I have taken out lately. I was helping out one of my buddies buy a jacket cause he was freezing. He's going to pay me back. I love ya! Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Map of Peru

Lima Peru South Mission

Lima Peru South Mission