Monday, July 12, 2010

July 12, 2010

Wow! Sounds like you all had a great time in Star Valley. I sure missed you guys a lot but I'll be there for the 2012 sockey game. (Sockey is a family tradition. Think barefoot soccer with no rules!) The violence would be pretty shocking at first for outsiders haha. I sure do love it! I was kinda bummed that I didn't get to see the Deplee's. I hope that everything is going well for them. I'm kinda bummed that there aren't any pics in this email but I guess I can wait to see how the sockey game went haha.
We had another baptism this week her name is Agustina. She's way cool and will be a great member. We are working on the families thing. I'm not too big a fan of baptizing little kids and teenagers. The ideal is finding families, but we can baptize everyone else too haha.
This is by far the poorest area that I have been in. People live in homes made out of almost nothing. To have a perspective of things a family of 7 or 8 could live in an area of our living room and study easily. The roof could be made of plastic and sticks and the walls of particle board or something like weaved reeds. Things like carpet and hot water, private rooms are things for the very well off. Their way of life is not easy by any means, but they are happy. If I learn anything from my mission I hope that I can learn to be happy with what I have. Many of them live right next door to pig farms. Yea you can imagine how it is. You see many many people with sicknesses and diseases or some kind of injury that could easily be cured but they don't have the money to do it. Its a very hard way of life. We are infinitely blessed.
I can't believe that I have been here in this area for almost 6 weeks! The time is passing incredibly fast. I have received some awesome news! Elder Ponciano and his new companion Elder Schofield baptized Arevalos wife hermana Sara back in Mala! Awesome! I can't tell you how happy that makes me! The whole family is coming together! I don't have much time left but I'm going to send you some pics of the baptism so I have to make this a little short. (technical difficulties so maybe pictures next week!) I love you fam! Stay safe and have lots and lots of fun!
Love Elder B
Oh and tell Tyler hi and good luck for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Map of Peru

Lima Peru South Mission

Lima Peru South Mission