Friday, April 9, 2010

April 5, 2010

Buenos dias familia!
Wow this week sure has passed fast! I can't believe that its the 5th of April already! We had interviews with President this week and we helped out the couple missionaries get some stuff done for their home. They are so great and so darn ready to learn. He told me that he has two grand-daughters that I should look into marrying when I come home... so I think that they like me a little bit. Ha. We are working hard with lots and lots of investigators and I feel like they are making progress. We had ten investigators at church yesterday, it was great! We didn't get to watch conference this week but we should get some part of it on a disk for the next week to watch. If it was as good as the last one I'm sure that it´ll be worth the wait.
Ok so we are trying to help two families get married. The last one that we helped is doing so great! They are at church together every week and he will be having his interview for the priesthood this next week. We are working on trying to get him in a church program so that he can study and have a career. Its kinda like the perpetual education fund. The other two that we are working on are progressing. The husband in one of the families has a thirst for the Gospel and everything in it. He is so happy when we talk about everything. I know that he has a burning testimony of the church and understands it. He comes every week and stays the whole time. He shared his testimony in sacrament meeting yesterday and it was great. It's hard to teach his wife because she is only here one day a week. I'm doing the best I can with everything. It's tough to talk money and whats going to happen with an investigator. They need to have a testimony and want to be members before we talk to them about it but its still hard. I'm doing my best. I'll ask them to write their testimonies so that you can get to know them and know that they are ready to be members of the church.
I love Elder Ponciano he is the best. We are working hard together and learning lots of things. I'm glad to hear that everything is going well at home and that you all had a blast during spring break. I loved spring breaks. Hows the fruitinator doing? Feeling better yet? and I haven't heard from my brother in a couple months how big is he? I'm afraid he is going to catch up to me in height. I'm pretty sure that I'm growing too. My pants aren't quite long enough anymore! Elder Reich says he thinks I'm about 6´2. That's cool with me! I can't believe that the time is flying by. the time in the mission just goes and goes and before ya know it you're in April...
I love all of you and all that you do for me. Thanks for all of yours prayers and help. Thanks for all of your letters and packages. I love you all so much. Take care and stay strong, keep the faith. Oh and Brookie J, I don't have your email! You´ll have to email me first!
Love elder B

I'm doing the best I can with the money. Some times I feel like I have dug myself a hole with this help that we are offering. I'm trying to be careful with it. I'm not just handing out free get married passes, I promise. They have to have a testimony of the restored gospel and church of Jesus Christ. I hope that you and dad aren't paying for everything. Please don't, you're sacrificing enough for me to be here. I'll get some testimonies and things so that you can see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Map of Peru

Lima Peru South Mission

Lima Peru South Mission