Monday, March 1, 2010

March 1, 2010

What a week,

Ok, so first off about the earth quake in Chile. We didn't feel it here. It hit at about 3 in the morning and I'm pretty sure if we would have felt it I would have just slept through it anyway ha! I'm always so tired! The Son family that we rent our room from and the brother of our pensionista, however, are both serving their missions in Chile and they were really close to it, but they are ok. All the missionaries are alright. Chile survived this earthquake much better than Haiti because it's the richest country in South America and their buildings are much more prepared. If we had been hit by an 8.8 like they were I don't think that much would still be standing. They had a 7 hit a few years ago and it destroyed much of Southern Peru. Hopefully we don't have one here again! Peoples houses just aren't ready for it.
 
So I'm writing late today because we have been doing the paperwork with a couple that's going to get married! It's a huge pain but we are getting it all done today and they should be able to get married Friday !I'm so excited for them! His wife Elizabeth is already a member but he can't be because they live together. Hermano Iber wants to get baptized so bad! He has been so happy today! He and his wife are great, great people and I'm happy to be helping them enter the kingdom. Thanks for the donations Grandma and ant Brynnie! I think that I will have plenty for right now. I'll send you pictures from his baptism!

We had a sad event happen this week. We should have had 2 baptisms of some little kids but their family got in a big huge fight while we were there on the day of their baptism. We had to set them straight on a lot of things and tell them how it is. We had to be pretty tough with them. But we should be having their baptisms this week with hermano Iber.

How is everything at home? Are you all still getting snow? I miss snow. Everything here is hot and humid. I'm so happy to have the best family in the world . Thanks for everything that you do for me. I keep you all in my prayers. Stay strong!

I love you!

Elder B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Map of Peru

Lima Peru South Mission

Lima Peru South Mission