Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March 15, 2010

Hey Familia!

Wow what a week we had! It was awesome! We finally got Iber and
Chabela married! Thank you for all of the money that you sent me to
help pay for everything! You paid for their medical exams and for them
to get married! Thank you so much! They are going to be great members
of the Church! I'm super excited for them. They are going to grow and
be an even happier family now!

Some sad news though... Elder Servan went home this week. He will be
in his house Tuesday night partying away with his family. I'm really
happy for him. He served a great mission. But! My new companion is my
mission brother! We entered the field at the same time! His name is
Elder Ponciano. He is from Trujillo, Peru. He was in the same zone as
me in Villa Salvador. I'm super excited to be with him here! I'm writing
so late today because of a pretty funny story actually. I had to come
south to Cañete last night with Elder Servan so that when he left I
was with some other missionaries. So I stayed the night here and this
morning Elder Ponciano was supposed to get here at about 9. Well, after
waiting till about 10:30 we got a call and he was an hour away in
Mala. They were supposed to tell him to stop in Cañete but they didn't
so he went all the way to Mala solo. So we had to go all the way there
and then come back to Cañete... it was pretty funny. Something to
laugh about.

We have a few other families that want to get baptized! Thanks for the
money that you have been sending it's going to help so much! One
investigator that we have has the old gospel doctrine book and has
read to page 115! He challenged himself to baptism! It's so cool! He
talked to his wife about being baptized and she said well sure! And
can we get married in the church too? How cool is that. He has passed
one of his trials of faith already. He told his brothers that he wasn't
going to drink with them because he was going to change religions.
Right after that he started throwing up blood and had to go to the
hospital. He is doing great now though and is still excited! How many
miracles we have! We are going to have another couple missionary move
in directly to Mala this week. I'm excited because we have been working
hard to get their house ready and get all their furniture ready. I'm
excited for a lot of things!

Oh and my birthday I have kinda forgot about it. Its ok if stuff
doesn't come. I can wait. I haven't thought about it at all really until
people started asking me. I hope that means I'm working hard.!

Ok family I love you all! Keep staying strong! I'm going to keep this
one short so that I can send a bunch of pictures! I love you all
thanks for all the prayers and everything that you do for me!

Love Elder Bearnson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Map of Peru

Lima Peru South Mission

Lima Peru South Mission