Monday, June 6, 2011

June 5, 2011

Hey Familia!

I'm sorry that I haven't written you guys this week. It has been a super crazy time for me here! I have had lots of things to do. Yesterday we had a zone leaders council. Last Tuesday we had a leadership training with all the leaders from the south part of the mission. Last week was the coolest! We went to Ayacucho! Its in the mountains way far south! And we flew! That was fun! We had to wake up at 2 in the morning and get ready to go to the airport. We left and got on the plane at about 530 in the morning, and landed in Ayacucho about 1 hour after. Ayacucho is beautiful! I took a bunch of pics from the airplane. I'm not sure if I should have taken pics while we were flying but I did. I won't be able to send them this time because my camera has a virus. But there are mountain and valleys and lakes and trees. It's really pretty. The city is super old with lots of old buildings from when the Spanish were here. We went for a few days to visit the elders and then have a zone conference. Its really fun. I got to work with Elder Ponciano, my second companion in Mala. That was really fun. I love teaching with him.

Ok the other day I went with my companion and Presidente Manning to Mala. He interviewed TWO of my converts so that they can go to the temple! Iber and Chabela! They were the first marriage that we did in Mala. They were going to go to the temple on Friday but some kind of complication came up and they couldn't come. They will be coming this Friday though to be sealed with their son Nicolas. I'm kinda bummed out though because I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to make it. I have to be in Nazca which is the farthest part away in the mission. I'm not sure what I'm going to be able to do. I have too many responsibilities to take care of right now... its kinda tough. The Whitney's will be going with them and so will the Reich's. I forgot to tell you all that I got to see them last week. It was really fun. Sister Whitney told me to tell you thanks for the comment on their blog mom, and also for reading it.

I cant tell you how awesome it was to see Iber and Chabela again, and the best part is they are preparing to go to the temple. As missionaries its awesome to have a baptism but it is so sad to hear that they aren't super active anymore if that's what happens. But the absolute best thing ever is that they make it to the temple. I really can't think of anything better! How wonderful is that! I know that the temple is a sacred house, dedicated to the lord by his holy prophets. And we as his children we have the opportunity to enter there and make sacred covenants as a family. if we are true to those covenants we will receive the highest glory in the kingdom of God. Presidente Manning said something the other day that really impacted me. Sometimes I find myself thinking and wondering if I'm really good enough to make it to where I want to go. That is the celestial kingdom. I know I have errors and faults, but I try. Sometimes I have wondered how can I measure myself. What Presidente said answered my question. quote "If you live worthy to have a temple recommend until your last breath of life you will be worthy!" That really impacted me a lot. I sure do love the Lord. He loves us so much and is so willing to forgive. All we have to do is do our best and we can live with him! It's something that I can't really understand. I don't understand how it is that the Savior took upon himself our sins but I know that he did it, and I'm so thankful to him for all that he did.

I have been thinking a lot about prayer these last few days. I'm really trying to have more sincere prayer. It's through prayer and reading the scriptures that we can really come to know God. I know its true. I'm not the best at it, but I'm trying. Family I love you so much. Thanks for everything that you do!

You might be wondering why I'm writing Sunday morning and why I'm not in church. Well here in Peru it's the final election day for the new president and it's illegal to have public meetings during this day. So we can't go to church and everyone is voting right now. So I made breakfast and studied and then we came in to the office to write our families because we haven't been able to write this week.

I really love to be able to be with president so much. It's awesome to be able to drive around with him and just talk to him. We can ask him things and he is really sincere with us. We talk about the problems in the mission and the things that we are going to do to fix it. I love it!

Well family thanks for everything that you do. I love you all so much.

Love Elder Bearnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Map of Peru

Lima Peru South Mission

Lima Peru South Mission