Monday, October 25, 2010

October 25, 2010

Dear All,

So, I had an awesome week! This week was the baptism of Hermano Miguel.
He and his member wife got married last month and we had his baptism
on Saturday. He is an awesome guy. Just knows the Church is true and
is willing to do everything to have a happy family. I have had such a
good time teaching him and his family. He was so prepared and ready to
have the gospel in his life.

Next week is the baptism of Elder Jay's birth-mom Carmen, her daughter Jazmin
and Carmen´s brother Jesus. It's going to be an awesome weekend. Pray
hard for them, they need the support. I'm really excited. It's going to
be a good week.

I'm happy to hear about Aunt Lora! 109 1/2 Wow!! A female pastor.... don't have
anything to say about that, and a blessing at the end of the funeral... let me
know what that means. Teach them a thing or two about the plan of
salvation. And hurry to the temple to do her work! You could do her
sealing to Uncle Bryan. That would be sweet!

That reminds me, I got to go to the Temple on Thursday. It was a really
good day, just nice and peaceful. I love the temple and I always learn
something new while I'm there. Sorry this is short but I'm kinda short
on time but I want to share about Hermano Carlos. He is about 65 and
just awesome. We have been teaching him for a few weeks now. In a
prayer that he said the other day he said this. "Father, I was hungry,
but i didn't have support. Thank you for sending the missionaries. "
He really is awesome and will be getting baptized the 13th of
November. He came to Miguel's baptism and said after that he wants to
get baptized. He really felt something special. We just contacted him
in the street a few weeks ago and I'm really glad that I talked to him.

Hey we are going to try and do an activity with all the pictures of
the members from their baptisms. We want to put ours up there too. So
if you could send me some pics from my baptism next week that would be
awesome. I think that they exist don't they...?

Mom have dad write me and tell me about that Porsche that he drove. I
want to know how that went. Sounds like an awesome time.

I'm so happy that I made the decision to serve a mission. Everyday I'm
thankful to be here. Everyday I learn something new that will always
be a help to me in the future. I love the mission! Thanks family for
all the help that you have always given me. I love you all! Thanks for
your support.

Love Elder Bearnson


Mom

I had an offer given to me the other day. Elder Brinton knows a very
professional artist from Peru. His name is Albaro Suarez. He
knows the President of Peru. He's a pretty big deal. But he gave Elder
Brinton a few works of art and he said that he would do one for me.
He would do it for 800 soles. I know that's a lot of money, but I'm
kind of feeling like it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. The guy has
sold paintings at $30,000. He would do one especially for me. I want
him to do that pic of me in Mala on the hill at sunset. He does big
2x3 foot paintings. I don't know how you feel about it but I think that
I would like to do it and have a really great and special memory of
Peru. 800 soles comes out to $288. I know it's a lot but I think that it
could be something really special. Let me know what you think. I love
you mom! You're the best!






Hey, I forgot to tell you a funny story. So the other day we were making a street contact and talking with a family. A ball came flying at me and I stopped it. I tried to kick it back to the two teams that were playing but... I kicked the ball and it went flying off in some weird direction and I landed right on my butt... it was spectacular...!!! There were about 30 people or so that saw me fall. It was right in the middle of the street. I have no idea how I fell. I actually play soccer pretty well. It's funny to look back on though. We got an apoointment with the family that we were contacting, ha ha, so it was worth something i guess. Thanks mom I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Map of Peru

Lima Peru South Mission

Lima Peru South Mission