Monday, October 11, 2010

October 11, 2010

Hey fam!!!
Ok, so this week was pretty cool. We had transfers today but luckily I get to stay! Whoo! Only a couple of Elders left so that's good. We have a really powerful Zone and I'm happy to be able to a part of it! I'll answer the questions that you sent me first so I don't forget.
The best thing that I have eaten. Would have to be bistek a lo pobre. It's a thin steak on a mountain of white rice with a fried egg or two and a fried banana. It's pretty awesome.
My back, hips, knees are doing pretty swell. My knees hurt me a little when I'm going down some of the crazy hills but other than that, not much. My back is doing much better and I don't have any problems with my hips. The blessing that the Stake President gave me is really coming true.
Oh and fleas... Only sometimes. But I got some wicked sweet bug killer that won't make me sterile so that's a win win! My clothes are doing good. I won't need new shirts at all and I don't think pants either. If I do, it's much easier to buy them here and much, much cheaper. I could even get them tailored haha! Christmas... Beef jerkey.
The chapel in Mala. I know that they were looking for a lot when I was there. They should have it I would think. That means that they should be close to starting I would think.
The pic you sent of Zach is pretty sweet! You didn't let that little shrimpy kid beat you, did ya!? I bet not. Sweet Adidas by the way.
That's hilarious about the rock and Uncle Dave and Elizabeth. Next time you could say something like this. Amigos pueden poner esta piedra por aca. When you say that first point to the rock and then to the spot you want it. Hope that helps haha. I'm pretty good on the Spanish front. I can pretty much say whatever I want. Sometimes the complex past and future tenses get me but yea I can understand it well. I think that when you can understand drunk guys talking to you, you can pretty much understand everything.
So, I had a pretty good week. My companion and I are finding some good new investigators and talking to everyone in the street. We have a couple baptisms coming up in the next couple weeks so that's exciting! We will also be helping two couples get married and then baptized! The family of Elder Jay is also progressing and they have desires to get baptized so we are going to talk to them and get back into teaching them. They had some pretty rough problems and we weren't able to talk to them for a couple of weeks, so it's good to get back to teaching them.
I had one awesome time watching Conference. I got to watch the Saturday Conference and Priesthood Session in English and Sunday we watched in Spanish. The talks were awesome! There were so many that the entire time I was thinking that applies directly to me. Watching the Priesthood Session and seeing the Greenie Elders sing in the choir was cool. I remember being in the MTC and not knowing what was coming haha. Seems like just the other day! It goes by super fast...
Family, I love you all so much. Thank you all for giving me the opportunity to serve a mission. Thanks for helping me to prepare and for all of your much needed support here in the mission. You have been such a great help without even knowing it. I know that this gospel is true. I'm positive. It's not easy to live the gospel but it's worth it. I have seen it and felt it change the lives of so many people and their families. I have felt the change and every time that I am able to participate in a baptism and they come up out of that water I can see it on their faces. I can see that they feel the power of the Holy Ghost. I know that this gospel is true I can feel it every time that I feel that someone has understood a principle and then wants to apply it to their lives. I'm so thankful for this opportunity to be a missionary! Thanks for helping me be here.
Love Elder Bearnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Map of Peru

Lima Peru South Mission

Lima Peru South Mission