Monday, December 13, 2010

December 13, 2010

Hey fam!
So this week as pretty swell for me! It was really hard but good. I got a package from grandma B! Thanks the chex mix was awesome! And beef jerky always makes a bad day good haha. My companion calls it his ¨take me to heaven¨ haha. I got a letter from my good buddy Adam Muffler and he was saying things like my wife and it kinda threw me for a loop. That's so weird to think that my buddies are all getting married, but awesome at the same time! Onward to exaltation!!! haha I'm really happy for him and Steve
So we are working with several people and their baptisms at the end of the month. Julia and Jesus are ready and just need to keep going. We have a couple others that need some help getting a testimony though. Mariluz and Angie. They are both awesome and want to do whats right but just haven't felt it yet. They both know its true but haven't felt their conversion experience yet. Please pray for them that they can feel it in their hearts and minds and have an asurity of these things.
I have been reading the talks from conference lately and been studying about them. Oh how I love it. I Wrote down what I wanted to quote but I forgot to bring it. doh! But I think that it was from the talk from elder Ballard. He said that we need to be strong and wise in all that we do. He talked about fly fishermen and how they are so great at tricking fish. They make their own little perfect flies that look just like the delicious flies that trout love so very much. The difference between the real flies and the fisherman's flies is the little hidden hook that they never saw. He said that we need to be wary of the enticings of the ¨counterfeit fisher of men¨. I loved that comparison. Christ is the real fisher of men and there are no little hidden hooks in His message. We get what we work for. With Satan, the counterfeit, we may think that it's something good, something worthwhile, like a cellphone with texts messages. It's not bad, but when we are constantly checking, waiting for and hoping for a text, then basically we are an addict, we´re hooked. Something simple caught us and distracted us from the important things in life. It turns bad when this thing that has hooked us isn't something simple like a cell phone. I know that Satan has power to lead us carefully down to hell if we aren't careful. I also know and have a powerful testimony that Christ can lead us directly to the celestial kingdom where we can live with God and our family. I meet people everyday that are lost in the world and think that they are doing worthwhile things. Its not so. Simple things like reading the scriptures, going to church, family home evening, and prayer. That's what keeps us from getting hooked by Satan. I love all of you and want to live with you in the kingdom of our father. Lets help each other live the laws of God and get there together. You all mean so much to me thanks for being the excellent family that you are. I know we can make it together.
To my good friend Justin. I'm so proud of you buddy. Keep up the good work. This will be the hardest thing that you have ever done in your life. But also the happiest, funnest and most spiritual experience that you have had. Never give up. Just keep trudging onward. I love you bud. Good luck, and may the spirit of God be with you.
Love elder B
Mom I sent the letter to Taylor like 2 weeks ago I think. It should be getting to you shortly, I hope! You could make it a Christmas present for her. Its the best thing that I could give her.
I'll be looking for the package that you and ant Kimmy sent! Thanks so much. I'll wait till Christmas I guess... haha. I'll be able to call the 24th or 25th whichever is better for you. The 25th is better for me. I could call sometime in the afternoon.
Tell Steve that he's done good for himself. I hope that he's doing awesome and I would live to hear from him. I love you mom! Your the best mom ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Map of Peru

Lima Peru South Mission

Lima Peru South Mission