Thursday, May 27, 2010

May 24, 2010

Buenos Dias Familia!

Wow what a week we have had in Mala! We now have 6 people with a baptismal date for the 5th of June! We have 2 couples one of which needs to get married still and the other just needs to learn a few things more! The other two are Paola and her sister Sandra. They are two of the daughters of Arevalo our last baptism. I have been working with all of them for almost the entire six months that I have been here! I'm so excited for them! All of their names are Mauricio and his future wife Juana (they have five children all under the age of nine) Lily and her husband Ever (they have twin girls. I'll have to send you a pic of them), Paola and her sister Sandra. We have two more that we need to get a date for, one of which could be for the 5th as well. We will be talking to him tomorrow his name is Jesús. The other is struggling with some addictions but is going strong his name is Carlos. All 8 of them could really use your prayers. They need the support and the continued confirmation of the spirit. I'm excited for them and hope that they all make it! This could be the last two weeks that I have in Mala and I'm going to make them the best that I have had. We had a ton of lessons this last week! The Lord blessed us a lot. One day we taught six lessons. For six hours in one day I was blessed to be teaching people the gospel of Jesus Christ. What a blessing!
We were able to go to a conference with Elder Jensen this last Friday. He is the President or in the Presidency of the Seventy, can't remember. It was awesome! He talked a lot about music and the power of the hymns. We are trying to use them more in our lessons and we really felt it this last week. I love the people of Perú and I'm so happy that I have been called to serve here. I'm so thankful for the people that I have been able to help and all of the people that have helped me be better. I sometimes feel that they help change me as much as I help them to change. I'm trying to improve myself and be the best that I can. I'm working to have more faith and be better in general. I want to be what the lord wants me to be. I can't be perfect or close to it. But I can be better and with the lords help I know I will be. To all of you missionaries and future missionaries I congratulate you on all that you do. Don't ever give up. I can't tell you how thankful I am to be a missionary and I hope that you all feel the same way. I love you all and hope the very best for you!
With love!
Elder Bearnson
PS our investigators could really use your prayers! Thanks!
Mom,
How is the fam doing? Lauen get a job? Tell them to hang in there with school they'll make it.! Thanks mom I sure love you. I would like to see all of you though. Ya think you could send me some pics? Thanks mommy I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Map of Peru

Lima Peru South Mission

Lima Peru South Mission