Monday, June 14, 2010

June 14, 2010

Hola Familia!
Ok, well you guessed correctly mom... I got transferred. I had to leave my beloved Mala and I am now in a place in Lima that's called San Gabriel. My area in San Gabriel is Miguel Grau. I'm a zone leader with Elder Xicay (she kai). He's from Guatemala. He's a super dork but a really good Missionary and makes me laugh... a lot. My new area is like a series of 16 mountains... all of it is hills mountains and there is nothing flat. If I was gaining weight I'll be losing it here shortly. We had lots of meetings and everything this week. I was in one meeting with President Manning and the other zone leaders from 9 in the morning to about 5 in the afternoon. So we didn't get to work too much in the area this week, but we will get to work a lot more this next week.
So some things that happened before I left Mala. We had the baptism of Arevalo's daughter on Tuesday the first of June. Then on Friday we had the marriage of Juana and Mauricio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome! Then the next day we had their baptisms! I don't have time to send the pics but I'll do it next week. It was a very good way to end my time in Mala, but I didn't want to leave. It was fast Sunday and I cried a whole bunch. It was kind of like when I left the airport from home. I didn't think that it would be that hard. But it's ok. I'm here in Miguel Grau and I'm going to like it. It's much much different but a lot of the same problems. We went this morning to help a couple figure out how they can get married. There is a lot of new responsibility as zone leader. For example we didn't get to sleep last night till about 1 in the morning because we were filling out paperwork... lame but if that's what the lord has for me to do, alrighty.
I hope that everything is going well for you fam. I can't tell you how much I love you. I use our example of being an Eternal Family all the time. Stay strong, read and study the scriptures please! So that we can all be together forever in the presence of the most high God and his son Jesus Christ. I love you and I Want to live with you all together forever!
Love Elder B
PS. if you could tell B that yea he got my email address right but i can't email him back. We aren't allowed to email anyone. And tell Jason and Jess that I got the pic of gavin! They have a future lady killer on their hands! He's a good looking kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Map of Peru

Lima Peru South Mission

Lima Peru South Mission